If you’re sending at least 1,000 parcels a year per site for both Royal Mail 24 and Royal Mail 48 they will also give you:
- 24 or 48 delivery speeds**
- parcel or large letter formats
- large volume discounts
- simplicity – just count and weigh your items, apply the PPI label and send
- collections – either regular or one off
- free redeliveries if your customers aren’t there
**For Royal Mail 24 we aim to deliver the next working day, and for Royal Mail 48 we aim to deliver the majority of items within two working days, with a small minority within three working days.
Developed to meet your needs
We designed our standard services, Royal Mail 24™ and Royal Mail 48™ for e-tailers, retailers and distributors who want to give their customers trusted value-for-money delivery options.
Choose from two speeds
- Royal Mail 24™ – we aim to deliver your parcels the next working day.
- Royal Mail 48™ – we aim to deliver your parcels within two working days, with a small minority within 3 working days.
- Parcel format for items smaller than 610mm x 460mm x 460mm
- Large letter format for items smaller than 353mm x 250mm x 25mm
- For Royal Mail 24™, the weight limit is 20kg.
- For Royal Mail 48™, the weight limit is 2kg.
- For Royal Mail 24™ and Royal Mail 48™ the weight limit is 750gm
Online delivery confirmation*
Online delivery confirmation* is available on all Royal Mail 24® and Royal Mail 48®parcels.
To view the delivery confirmation, you'll need to go to royalmail.com/confirm and enter your parcel ID number:
- Online delivery confirmation shows you when your item has been delivered or attempted to be delivered.
- This isn't a tracked service. Information will only be available online at the point we try to - or successfully - deliver your item.
- If you want to see items progressing throughout their journey - and not just at the point of delivery - consider using Royal Mail Tracked or Royal Mail Special Delivery Guaranteed.
*Delivery confirmation is not available for large letters. Delivery confirmation is not available for parcels being sent to the Channel Islands or the Isle of Man.
If you can sort your parcels and large letters eight ways or more and post more than 250 items a day, we can provide you with a discounted price. For details, check our Royal Mail Parcels User Guide and Terms and Conditions in the Product Documentation section.
Signature on delivery
Use Royal Mail Signed For® in conjunction with Royal Mail 24™ and Royal Mail 48™ for added peace of mind.
Local collection for your customers
Use Local Collect Business with Royal Mail 24™ and Royal Mail 48™ and give your customers an alternative home delivery option of a local Post Office® Branch.
To help your business run more smoothly, we’ll arrange a free collection at your premises if you spend more than £15,000 a year across all Royal Mail services including Royal Mail Special Delivery Guaranteed™, Royal Mail Tracked 24™, Royal Mail Tracked 48™ and Royal Mail 24™ and Royal Mail 48™.
Royal Mail 24 and Royal Mail 48 services are available to customers who have a Royal Mail credit account. There are two types of credit account.
Prepare and send your mail, then complete and submit a Royal Mail order through your Online Business Account (OBA). We’ll send you a weekly invoice.
Credit balance account
With a credit balance account, you pay money into your account in advance. Each time you send items , we deduct the postage cost from your account. When your credit is running low, you simply top it up.
Talk to your account team
If you have a Royal Mail account, you can pay for parcels with a credit account using a Printed Postage Impression (PPI). Before you start using your PPI, you’ll need to apply for a licence. Speak to your account team or call us on 08457 950 950*.
Set up an account
Phone 0847 950 950* to find out more about setting up an account.
Download the Royal Mail Parcels user guide:
- Are there any things I can’t send using this service?
- What documentation is required?
- Is there any other documentation needed?
- Can I have my parcels and letters collected?
- Are there any entry requirements for using Royal Mail 24™ and Royal Mail 48™?
- Does this service replace Packetpost and Packetsort?
Are there any things I can’t send using this service?
There are some items that we can accept but with restrictions. Get details on restricted goods.
There are also things you can’t send. See our list of prohibited goods.Back to top
What documentation is required?
After you’ve prepared your mailings, you’ll need to complete an Online Business Account sales order which must travel with the mailing. Find out more about an Online Business Account (OBA).Back to top
Is there any other documentation needed?
Apart from your sales order, there’s normally nothing. If you’re sending more than one consignment a day, you must provide either a collection receipt or a completed sales order. If you provide a collection receipt with any earlier consignments then you must provide a completed sales order (covering all the postings that day) with your final consignment.Back to top
Also if you use one of our sorting services you may have to provide additional documentation. You can find information on this in the terms and conditions for the service.
Can I have my parcels and letters collected?
Yes, we can collect mail from your premises on a regular or one-off basis. Find out more about our Collections service.Back to top
Are there any entry requirements for using Royal Mail 24™ and Royal Mail 48™?
To use these services, you need to send 1,000 items per annum, per site using both Royal Mail 24™ and Royal Mail 48™ (this can be a mixture of parcels and large letters).Back to top
Does this service replace Packetpost and Packetsort?
Yes, Royal Mail 24™ and Royal Mail 48™ replace Packetpost and Packetsort. You can now use these services if you post 1,000 items per annum per site.Back to top
*Calls may be recorded and monitored for training and compliance purposes. Calls cost 5p per minute plus your telephone company's network access charge.
Royal Mail 24® and 48®
Help to buy
Monday to Friday 8am-6pm